The ValCast brings you Starcraft II and other gaming leagues and semi-competitive matches!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
McDoobyland

PostSubject: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Please post any fun tactics for any race.
Doesn't have to an official strategy, could be :
Cheese, Builds, Tech Trees, Fun Things to do, or absolutley ridiculous things to do.

santa happy holidays santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrojanVirus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Great idea!

I'll post some ideas here when I get free time Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://valcast.the-talk.net
McDoobyland

PostSubject: Strategy   Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:51 pm

I found a new strategy for all you terran players.

This fun tactic is called the "The Planetary Fortress Rush."

This type of thing can only be done if you are good with timing.

You start of regularly, 11 Supply Depot, 13 Barracks,

Now, in between these two timings, you can go two ways. You can either cheese him very early, or catch him off guard and do a two pronged attack at the front of his base and at the heart of his base.

The first one is the early cheese:
After 13 barracks, you will want to load up all your scv's in the Command Center, and lift off and head to his base. (you have to know where he is prior.)

once you get to his base, you want to pick a good spot in range of all his buildings. You cannot lift off a Planetary Fortress once it is transformed.

After you land in his base, start to morph and unload all you Scvs. Try and keep your workers behind the Planetary Fortress because you will want to repair the Planetary while it is under fire, and Scvs are crucial during this period.
After it is completly morphed, it will fire 40 damage splash damage to all units and buildings. All you have to after that point is keep it repaired. This will work fine unless they do their own form of cheese.

The second way, is to do a dual pronged attack. After 13 Barracks, you will want to keep the rate of your scvs steady because they will have an economic advatage if they are another Terran player with M.U.L.E.S.
14 gas, and at around 15, you will want a flux of 3-4 More Barracks into Reactors.
Now at around 45-50 supply, you should have around roughly 20-25 marines. You should move your marines out to the middle Xel Naga tower and make sure he/she doesn't spot your Command Center that should be moving to his base.
At this point, you should move your marines out to the outer region of his base, and your command center should be landed into his base. Unload your Scvs and rally them to the now Morphing Planetary.
Do not move your marines yet. The moment the Planetary starts to attack, you should move your marines in and start to attack the front base, while his rather small force will be focusing the Planetary.
After, this point, his base should be in ruins, and you will be victorious. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulReaver

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Hey guys this is my first real strategy post on any forum so bear with me XD

As a Zerg player i have always found that ZvZ is an insanely volatile matchup and unless played pristinely can be lost in about 2 seconds when missmicro'd so here is a little strategy to even the odds for those of us with terribad micro

basically what you want to do is play a 10 pool style getting gas at 10 supply and saturate it with 3 drones (after pool starts)
build your innitial 6 zerglings and use them to defend while you drone to 13 drones (16 supply with the 6 lings)
build an evolution chamber as soon as you are able and use the first 100 gas you gather to start melee 1 upgrade
build a queen as soon as you start the 1 melee or after you have 150 extra minerals, whichever comes first.
once mele 1 starts send your 6 lings out to attack/scout the enemy base, try to keep them alive as long as possable.
during the scouting phase mass as many lings as you are able.
stop gas as soon as you can upgrade your ling speed and concentrate all larva on zerglings.
when speed is about 75% send all your lings to attack and keep building more, sending wave after wave of zerglings at the enemy the speed and +1 melee should finish at the same time or close to if your timing was on and now you are ready to A-move in for the win.

This build is extremely strong vs an expanding zerg that opts for roaches rather than lings with spine defences, your waves of lings will be able to kill off 4-5 roaches fairly easily and after that you are laughing as they will have 0 defence at their main base. It is also strong vs an opponent that is massing lings hoping to overwhelm your own because of the +1 upgrade your lings can be outnumbered 14-10 and still win bcs of the 20% boost in attack.

The only really scary thing to watch out for is banelings, if you see early banes you might as well GG because the transition out of this build is next to impossable if your micro is as terribad as mine is and roaches/banelings are a long ways away at this point.

enjoy Smile

Ps: a side note in zvz I am 90% win with this build (10% loss comming from fast banelings v.v)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulReaver

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:44 am

no tips tonight but take a look at this replay, might help you aspiring zerg players ^.^ i did a lot wrong, but i did more right and it helped me come away with the win.

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=246735#/replay_overview
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of Suede

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:33 pm

There's always the good old "Noah's Ark" build for P players. As seen in NovaWar Say from LagTV (game 2.. Can't post links yet =P)

Can only make 2 of any given unit save for probes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
assassane

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:54 pm

how to fast expand against zerg

Hiya community. I noticed that lower leagues players when doing zvz never fast expand. So I've been experimenting and here are my thought:

benefits of a fast expand:
-you get more larva: Even if you have a deficit in drones early on you have more latitude.
-in the mid game you can out macro your opponent
-in the late game you'll have waaay more mutas

risks:
-suceptible to rushes and all ins

my solution:
13 pool
-build hatch as soon as pool finish (14-15)
-build 6 lings and try not to be supply blocked
-your oponent will likely scout you at this time. wait for the hatch to finish and build 2 spines as soon as possible in the expo near the ramp (17) and then queens. position your queen near the ramp between injects
-drone up and replace lost lings
-you are golden

here is a replay exemple
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70HSOE9J

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70HSOE9J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of Suede

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:58 am

Stronger Team Colors is a mod perfect for all SC2 players. Mainly Zerg users use it as in ZvZ it's sometimes hard to tell whose lings are whose.

But I use it mainly because I think it makes the game look better. Check it out. Simple download for an enhanced game experience.

Still can't post links, but do a Google search for "stronger team colors sc2" and it'll be a link to Team Liquid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulReaver

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm

so here goes strategy post number two for everyone that has been having a bugger of a time against protoss... here is my 7 pool that works wonders on short rush maps like metalopolis and searing crater.

first get your beginning 6 drones mining and your ovie out scouting the close by air positions.
build your first drone.
pool at 200 minerals
build 2 more drones to get to 8 supply
as soon as your hatch is about to pop build an extractor to get back to 7 supply
build 6 lings and cancel your extractor, you should be at 11/10 supply.
build an overlord
build a queen just as the overlord pops
keep building lings

after this B/o just keep pumping lings by the time you break the protoss wall you should have enough lings to totally overrun your opponent and GG.

hope this helps.

ps: i am rank 11 platinum now and this build still works like a dream
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoulReaver

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:04 pm

here is a replay of the 7 pool strategy XD forgot to post in my origional post

http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=247813
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dhan736

PostSubject: 1 word: Mothership   Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:08 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?v1q2jj90883dppk

I just want to share this replay with everyone since this is the first time I used a mothership via laddering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Of Suede

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I love Mothership play. Any time a Toss pulls one out on me, I get excited. Only happened twice. But they're just fun to deal with xD

And watching replays with them is awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P   

Back to top Go down

TIPS FOR STARCRAFT PLAYERS. T/Z/P
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1